Translate

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Two Open Houses this Past Sunday

I have been a bit slow getting this blog out. Blame technology, this time! I got a new iPhone, and it just took days to get things to work properly. Today was the first time I was able to get photos downloaded. Since iPhone cameras work so very well on food photos, I have stopped relying on my (admittedly great) Nikon, when it comes to food photos. 

I have the photos downloaded, cropped and anything else needed, so finally I am ready to blog. 

Open House, appetizers, finger foods
Open House Fare, clockwise from top left: Mini Sweet Peppers with Chevre Honey Cream, Mini Asparagus Quiches with Feta & Prosciutto, Mocha Spice Cookies and Spanakopita Cups

On Sunday, one of the Broker-Owners at ReMax in Aberdeen, held two high-end open houses, featuring wine and appetizers. She brings wines and I make appetizers. I truly admire her initiative and drive in getting houses sold. Meanwhile, I will stick to what I do best: food.
 
Appetizers, Open House, finger foods
Appetizers set up at Open House
At the first open house at 2 PM, we met there and I set up the foods as attractively as possible, then set out the wines and cups. Tetiana got lights turned on and everything ready, and people began arriving promptly at 2 PM. The open house was well-attended and the time passed quickly.

I made foods that I had made in the past, simply for their wonderful flavors and ability to pair with different wines. For wines there was a choice of Cabernet Sauvignon, a Pinot Noir, a Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio. The foods I served were Mini Sweet Peppers with Chevre Honey Cream, Mini Asparagus Quiches with Feta & Prosciutto, Mocha Spice Cookies (Using Mocha Spice Blend II) and Spanakopita Cups. Please click on any of the links to find the recipes.

When the time was up for the open house, I packed up the foods and plates in preparation for moving to the next open house. I had brought 2 paper doilies for each of the four plates, so I could discard the used ones after the first open house, and then set fresh doilies on the plates for the second open house. 

Appetizers, open house, finger foods, wine
Setting up the Appetizers at Open House
The next open house was held at another lovely home. The kitchen featured a good sized island, which is where I chose to display my appetizers.

Though it was later in the afternoon, there was quite a good showing altogether, with very favorable commentary. I hope those who tasted my appetizers also enjoyed. 

Both these houses have much to offer, and Tetiana is a very professional young woman. I am happy to be a part of these special open houses.



My passion is teaching people how to create a harmony of flavors with their cooking, and passing along my love and joy of food, both simple or exotic, plain or fancy. I continue my journey in ethnic and domestic cuisines, continuing my journey to explore diverse culinary experiences and hopefully to start you on a journey of your own. Join me also at A Harmony of Flavors on Facebook, and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus